Benefits of Pine Straw Mulch
- Natural weed deterrent
- Adds a unique texture to any landscape design
- A natural product for trees and plants that is high in nitrogen and gradually decomposes into a fertilizer
- An environmental, conservation & ecology-minded mulch
- Insulates tender roots from temperature extremes
- Conserves soil moisture by reducing water evaporation rates and moisture loss
- Encourages water infiltration into the soil and reduces runoff
- Eliminates erosion impact caused by wind and rain
- Keeps some vegetables from forming mildew, mold, and rot
- Adheres well to slopes and does not wash away as easily as other mulches during heavy rain
- Does not have to be removed before new application
- Fresh straw can be placed atop old straw to revitalize color
- Preferred by landscapers and homeowners because bales are easier to work with than hardwood bark mulches
- Uniform, neutral color that showcases flowers and plants
- Retains moisture in the soil and around plants better than other mulches
- Does not harbor artillery fungus or termites
- Long lasting mulch that is easily spread
We are the only known Pine Straw/Pine Needle company to supply the Mid-Atlantic, New England, Midwest and Canada that complies with Federal and State inspection guidelines regarding the shipping of nursery stock from the Southeastern U.S.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Please add your e-mail address here for updates and announcements.
We respect your privacy and we won’t sell your e-mail address.
What our customers say
April 26, 2020
Great quality pinestraw. Call or order online then easliy pick up at location. Great customer service. Recommend as an alternative to regular mulch.
April 21, 2020
Trying this for the first time instead of bark mulch. I like that the color is natural and not dyed. Price is about the same. The buying process was simple and the bales are easy to work with.